Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: When you register for training at Performance Studios, you will tick a box on your application that indicates you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Payment-in-full must be received prior to training commencement to secure a place in a class, unless Performance Studios has waived this requirement in writing.
2. Under normal circumstances, Performance Studios will not refund training fees unless the course is cancelled or postponed. In such cases, a full refund or credit note to the value of that training will be extended to the student to be used in future training programs.
3. Performance Studios is not responsible for changes in personal circumstances. If you wish to transfer or withdraw from a training program, you must advise us in writing before the commencement of that program. With more than 14 days notice we will provide full credit and within 7 days we will provide a 50% credit. This credit note can be used for training programs at Performance Studios within 12 months of issue.
4. Training programs at Performance Studios are subject to change. Performance Studios reserves the right to change course structures and learning outcomes, and to replace teachers when necessary with other suitably qualified and experienced industry professionals.
5. Most training programs at Performance Studios involve physical activity. By enrolling in a training program students are releasing Performance Studios and its affiliates from any liability or responsibility for injury which might be sustained in the normal conduct of classes, rehearsals or performances.
6. Performance Studios has a strong media presence. By enrolling in a training program you hereby authorise Performance Studios to take and use any photographs, video or sound recordings of the student and reproductions or adaptations of your/his/her likeness, either in full or part and in conjunction with any wording, in any Performance Studios publication, production and presentation, including electronic/internet marketing materials for the purpose of promoting Performance Studios and its programmes in a positive manner. If you would not like your child to appear in any marketing materials please notify us in writing.
7. Children are welcome to bring their phones, however, they will be kept in their bags during each session.
8. Students and Parents are asked to be mindful of our neighbours and not park in such a way as to block their driveway or inconvenience them.
9. Class Cancellation Policy
If a term is paid for in full, then the student can miss two lessons through-out the term. Please let the studio know about your child’s/your absence prior to the class commencing. Two make-up lessons can be taken by attending a different class that is on offer for the same age group. To arrange your make-up lesson please contact the studio and let them know which class your child/you would like to attend.
10. Private Lesson Cancellation Policy
If you are unable to attend your private lesson, please let us know with a minimum of 24hours notice. A make-up lesson may be arranged provided a vacancy exists within the term.
PLEASE NOTE: Cancellation within 24 Hours will incur a 50% lesson charge
The Performance Studios Responsibilities
- To provide you or your child with the most comprehensive singing training that is available.
- All Private lessons will be tailored to suit the individual student's goals and desires.
- Students will receive a holistic and well-rounded musical education to suit their level and goals for the future.
Student & Parent Responsibility
- Students are responsible to arrive on time, with their music and having completed their practice.
- Late arrivals will not be made up as teachers have commitments already scheduled after their lesson is finished.
Summer School - In addition to the above terms and conditions these apply to Summer School.
1. Payment-in-full must be received prior to training commencement to secure a place in Summer School, unless Performance Studios has waived this requirement in writing.
2. Upon commencement of the Performance Studios Summer School Program, ALL requests for refunds will be declined and there will be no adjustments or refunds for missed sessions.
3. Performance Studios reserves the right to refuse entry or request a participant to leave the Summer School Program if they are disruptive, consistently late or absent.
4. A student who is sick for the two days of the Summer School will not be able to participate in the Summer School. Please provide a medical certificate to obtain credit for future classes or events. Unfortunately, due to missing the classes, they will not be able to have the knowledge and preparation for the final performance.
5. Performance Studios is happy for parents to remain in the coffee lounge during the course of the summer school training.
6. What to Bring: Please bring along a full water bottle and some snacks for morning and afternoon tea.