Discover the essential tools to help reconnect with your voice
What is PSM?
Primordial Sound Meditation is a meditation technique originating in the ancient wisdom of India. Primordial sounds – the basic, most essential sounds of nature – are used to disconnect us from the activity of life. These individually selected sounds, known as mantras are based on the vibration the universe was making at the moment of your birth.
Once your Primordial Sound mantra has been determined, you will be taught how to use it on a daily basis to reawaken balance, tranquillity and compassion within. Your Chopra Center-certified instructor, Lisa Lockland-Bell will help you to integrate this practice into your daily routine.
According to the Primordial Sound Meditation tradition, the vibration that took you from non-consciousness into consciousness can also take you back, allowing you to journey from the incessant activity of your mind into silence — into an experience of pure awareness (pure bliss).
Primordial Sound Meditation is recommended for anyone who wishes to enjoy deeper peace, greater freedom, and mastery of life.
This program runs quarterly:
- 9-10 July - 9 am-4 pm
$395 + GST
Primordial Sound Meditation Overview
Primordial Sound Meditation is easily learned in two days.
This course is offered three times per year: April, July and September on a Saturday & Sunday from 9am-4pm.
- In Day 1 - Session One: Your Chopra Center-Certified primordial sound mediation instructor Lisa Lockland-Bell, will introduce you to the basic principles of meditation, its history, and the importance of your mantra.
- In Day 1 - Session Two: Receive a personal session with Lisa, instructing you on your Primordial Sound mantra and learn how to use it. This is where you will try meditation for the first time using your Primordial Sound Mantra.
- In Day 2 - Session Three: Learn the practical aspects of meditation, share your experience, receive answers to any questions, and meditate with Lisa.
- In Day 2 - Session Four: Deep dive into the benefits of higher states of consciousness, a lifestyle that can be achieved with regular Primordial Sound Meditation practice. Lisa will share Deepak Chopra’s vision of these higher state.
- Your very own Primordial Sound Mantra
- Primordial Sound Meditation Workbook
- Daily Ayurvedic Lunch made by Lisa
STRICTLY LIMITED NUMBERS Book your place now!
It is an undeniable fact that during most of our waking life, we are stuck in our heads, engaged in a constant internal dialogue in which the meaning and emotional associations of one thought trigger the next. We smell a familiar scent and suddenly we’re thinking about the first time we met an old boyfriend or girlfriend and how that relationship ended. If we’re still holding emotional pain over that ending, those feelings may pop up and then our mind may go into mental chaos with criticism, self-pity or worries about the future.
Every day our mind creates incessant stories about our weight, money, health, profile, loved ones and our future. Most of the time we’re not even conscious of this internal banter that is plaguing our mind and yet it is the greatest source of stress in our lives.
It’s true that our minds can create spectacular and positive stories, but it also has what neuroscientists call negative bias: a tendency to pay more attention to negative experiences than to positive ones. This pattern of behaviour has evolved as a survival mechanism over millions of years. Our ancestors always focused their attention on avoiding being eaten by sabre-tooth tigers, they didn’t have the luxury of relaxing to enjoy the sunset with a glass of Pino. This would have been a total waste of their precious energy reserves, not to mention a possible death wish. Those who survived passed on the gene that pays extra attention to danger. Their legacy is a brain that is somewhat obsessed with negative experiences and has an override function that forces us to get stuck in conditioned patterns of thinking, returning again and again to thoughts of anxiety, depression, and limitation.
Practicing PSM on a daily basis can help you to:
- Manage stress
- Reduce anxiety
- Improve relationships
- Create inner peace
- Awaken your intuition
- Understand the WHY, WHAT and HOW to Meditation
- Enhance your sleep patterns
- Lower your blood pressure
- Become less judgmental
- Strengthen your ability to “go with the flow”
- Connect to your spirit
Meditation in the Workplace
In order to remain competitive in today’s market, successful companies need:
- To possess a clear vision of their goals
- Inspiration to be innovative in their approach to supplying products and services
- Leadership to guide individuals towards success
- Teamwork to enable employees to keep up in today’s global marketplace
- The practice of meditation helps to make all this possible by creating:
- Clarity and focus
- Increased employee loyalty
- Improved communication
- Decreased absenteeism due to illness
- Increased productivity
Teams: Book Lisa to run the PSM Course or deliver a meditation presentation for your team.
The Benefits of Meditation
Meditation is one of the best (natural) tools we have to override the brain’s obsession with negativity bias. With countless case studies and examples across the world, we now know meditation can help release stress, encourage positive experiences and allow you to enjoy the peace of the moment. Regular meditation practice produces tangible benefits for mental and physical health, including:
- Decreased blood pressure and hypertension
- Lowered cholesterol levels
- Reduced production of “stress hormones” including cortisol and adrenaline
- More efficient oxygen use by the body
- Increased production of the anti-aging hormone DHEA
- Improved immune function
- Decreased anxiety, depression, and insomnia
Meet Your Coach
After studying with Deepak Chopra, the Chopra team, ayurvedic medicine and yoga collectively for more than 25 years, 2018 was the year I wanted to step up and experience more in life.
I was really good at setting my intentions, but I wasn’t good at setting the seed of intention, watering it, nurturing it and then TRUSTING the Universe to do the rest. I was way too attached to the “Outcome” of the intention, choking the life out of any possible manifestation or transformation. What does this mean in simple terms? I was stuck in a vicious circle, afraid of making bad decisions and choices, trying to micromanage and control everything. I knew I had potential, but I just couldn’t reach it.
Studying at the Chopra Centre has enabled me to gain clarity and focus on who I am, what I want and what my purpose is, all with an open and full heart. What I didn’t expect was the extraordinary experiences and such profound levels of higher consciousness. I cannot wait to tell you all the stories and help you express your soul’s purpose.